The Book Shelf
Today in the digital age books are as popular as ever, it is just that they share the limelight with good quality audio visual products (podcast downloads, or videos e.g. You Tube, Vimeo). The Book Shelf focuses specifically on the importance of learning a (modern) foreign language, mastering one's own, as well as learning ancient languages like Latin and Greek. Which one would you like to learn or improve on?
Would You Like To Sound French, Sound Italian, Sound Spanish?
The Book Shelf promotes learning of all kinds. In learning a language we have discovered that sounding like a mother tongue speaker in the language of your choice is of key importance. With our language learning courses means sounding like a mother tongue speaker from Day 1. Our point of departure and key specialisation is 'learning through sounds'. There are many benefits to students who learn using our methods, such as:
- Sound like a mother tongue speaker
- Enjoy what you learn
- Learn quickly
- Remember what you learn
- Be much less confused
- Love grammar
- Read & Write in the language of your choice
Do You Need Help To Read & Help To Spell?
The Book Shelf focuses on two aspects of learning English.
The first being literacy for English mother tongue speakers, with courses such as Help Me Read and Help Me Spell programmes. Our friendly courses include gentle exercises and memory skills to support our learning through sounds.
The second responds to global demand for learning English as a Foreign language (EFL), and we have many years at helping non English speakers chnage the stumbling blocks to stepping stones.
The Book Shelf promotes learning of all kinds, and in particular language learning and and continuous professional development (cpd) for SMEs. In particular The Book Shelf produces audio visual course material for language learning and business.
The Book Shelf also recommends some books on current topics ranging from subjects as diverse as business management and leadership through to the latest development in management psychology and humand behaviours, and encomapssing books on Christian and spirituality from other of the World's great faiths. The Book Shelf aims is to promote universal brotherhood through business and social endeavour and it strives to build links and association with good and positive forces actively working towards a united world. There are several examples of this, but a well developed example is the Focolare movement..
Inspirational books that have been fundamental in recent years to my professional and personal development:
- Awaken the Giant within - Anthony Robbins
- Classic Drucker - Harvard Business Press (among many Drucker books)
- The Game of Life - Florence Scovel Shinn
- The Purple Cow - Seth Godin
- Bright marketing - Robert Craven (among numerous Craven books)
- Balanced Scorecard - Nolan & Kaplan
- The New Economic of Information - Boston Consulting Group
- The Greatest Salesman in the World - Og Mandino
- Double Digit growth - Michael Treacy
- The Discipline of Market Leaders - Treacy
- The One Minute manager and Situational Leadership - Ken Blanchard
- The Sermon on the Mount - Emmet Fox
- The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power - Vernon Howard
- Basil in Blunderland - Cardinal Basil Hume
- Here And Now - Meditiations on Living the Present Moment - Chiara Lubich
- Essential Writings - Chiara Lubich - New City Books